- 1 large cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- 1/3 cup of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of braggs liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 wild caught salmon fillets
- or you can use two 14.75 – ounce cans of wild Alaskan pink salmon.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil for cooking
Cook salmon fillets if not using can salmon.
In a large bowl add cooked sweet potato and mash, add in salmon and the rest of the ingredients and spices.
Stir until well combined. Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper.
Shape out evenly sized salmon cakes to make patties.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or all day.
Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Let oil completely melt and get very hot. Slowly add patties and cook for 4 minutes.
Gently flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes on the other side. Serve hot and Enjoy!